In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior Materials and Process Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions
The Senior Materials and Process Engineer to support NASA programs including the history-making Human Landing System that will put the first woman and next man on the Moon. The Materials Engineer will primarily support design and development projects for space systems. The individual will be responsible for specification and selection of materials for use in composite and metallic structural systems for space applications and will apply structured assessments to diverse and complex materials usage to aid in successful hardware development. Responsibilities will include significant interactions with customer M&P organizations, assurance of proper material selection, and tight coordination with internal and supplier design activities.
Specific assignments will include:
· Development of Materials & Processes selection and implementation plans
· Performance of M&P requirements verification
· Support of Non-Destructive Evaluation (NDE) activities that address applicable government and industry NDE specifications and standards
· Preparation and implementation of Contamination Control Plans (CCPs) that describe methods for controlling contaminants
· Generation of Materials Usage Agreements (MUAs)
· Support of material test planning and execution
· Execution of other M&P related tasks on an as-needed basis
Requires Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering at a minimum, with a Master of Science in Materials Engineering preferred.
This position is required to maintain a high level of interaction with customer M&P representatives, and to contribute to the program development team.
Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, analysts, manufacturing, project management and customer representatives is highly desirable.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.