In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking an experienced Quality Control Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solution.
The individual selected for this position will be a Quality Control Engineer with varied technical interests and demonstrated quality engineering skills. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with design groups in a diverse range of avionics, aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The selected candidate will support mechanical and electrical manufacturing, assembly integration and testing. Candidate will perform program quality planning, analyze program QA requirements, develop inspection/test procedures and process plans, finalize source inspection checklist, coordinate review nonconformance documentation and support root cause/corrective action. Other key duties include performing process audits, reviewing AS9102 FAI documentation, working with DCMA and other government quality assurance agencies. Collection and reporting of Quality Metrics, reviewing and approving new drawings, supporting project managers during design, manufacturing readiness reviews, PDR, CDR and conducting supplier surveillance audits.
* Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
* Candidate must have 5+ years experience in quality engineering. 10+ years of experience in related quality engineering may be acceptable in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Preference will be given to candidates with Reliability or System Engineering experience.
* Candidate must have experience with reviewing component and system level specifications, bill of materials, analyzing data and performing predictive analysis.
* Candidate must have experience with handling non-conforming material, performing failure analysis, identifying root cause and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
* Candidate must have computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office.
* Candidate must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
* Candidate must have extremely strong communication skills and will work with project managers, engineers, and technicians to ensure expectations of quality control requirements are known.
* Candidate must be able to review and interpret contract quality clauses and technical data and develop and document appropriate quality verification procedures, plans, and work instructions, including First Article Inspection documentation.
* Some travel is required, typically no more than 25% (one week per month).
Preferred candidates will also meet some of the following:
* AS9100 and/or CMMI experience preferred.
* Experience and working knowledge of J-STD-001, IPC 610 and IPC620 Standards
* Knowledge of Systems Engineering
* Experience working knowledge with Assembly integration and Testing
* ASQ-CQE certification preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.