In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a Production Control Planner to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create and distribute a weekly Production Schedule.
• Resolve problems related to production jobs such as configuration changes, engineering changes, material issues, schedule priority, etc.
• Monitor production status of jobs to ensure schedule requirements are met.
• Report job status and problem issues to management using spreadsheets, custom reports, etc.
• Monitor material requirements and resolve any critical shortages with Purchasing
• Collaborate with Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Manufacturing Engineering, and Inventory Control as required.
• Expedite jobs as required by changes in priority.
• Lead weekly status meetings updating management on production status, shortages, kit status, and any vendor delivery issues.
• Participate in Lean Six Sigma Kaizen Events as needed
• Candidates must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
• Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of production planning and quality control principles (AS9100)
• Candidate must have at least 3 years of experience with Material requirements planning (MRP)
• Candidate must have experience of MS Office and ERP systems, advanced Excel skills are required
• Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
• Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preferred candidates will also have experience and / or working knowledge with:
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.