In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Cable Assembly Lab Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will be responsible for electrical cable assembly, as well as small electro/mechanical assembly. The type of cables to be built changes from week to week, and are typically cables with Micro-D connectors and circular connectors. This position will work on a variety of products to include both military and commercial customers.
Candidate must have experience with performing cable assembly and cable harness fabrication, electro-mechanical assembly, and general mechanical assembly.
Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Ability to multi-task well is also essential.
Candidate must have experience working with design engineers, manufacturing engineers, and technicians to develop a build strategy and identify any problems that could occur during assembly.
Candidates will be required to have knowledge of the tools/equipment used for assembly (crimpers, strippers, insertion) and the proper techniques required to use these tools. Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
Candidate will be required to have the basic computer skills associated with these assembly tasks (such as retrieving the manufacturing documentation from the system, updating the system as router steps are completed, etc.).
Candidate must have a HS Diploma.
-Candidate must be a resident of Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area.
Experience with the following is a plus:
· An Associate Degree in a related field
· Working knowledge of specialized tools, machines, and test equipment used during the assembly process, including hot tweezers, automatic wire strippers, pull force tester, Cable Eye High Voltage tester,
· Experience designing test layouts for Cable Eye High Voltage tester
· Knowledge of assembly and inspection requirements for Micro-D solder cups in cable assemblies.
· Deltek Costpoint software (for logging work performed, etc.)
· Familiarity with electronic component handling requirements
· Familiarity with ESD procedures
· Current or prior certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620 and J-STD-001
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.