In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electronic/Mechanical Assembly Technician to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Candidate will be responsible for electronic and mechanical assembly of a variety of electronic hardware including electrical chassis, cables and electromechanical assemblies. This position will work on a variety of products to include both military and commercial customers.
Candidate must have experience with cable fabrication and general mechanical assembly.
Candidate must have experience assembling electromechanical assemblies, some of which are small.
Candidate must have experience working with design engineers and manufacturing engineers to understand assembly requirements.
Candidate will be required to have the computer skills associated with these assembly tasks, including proficiency in using corporate production control processes, creating documents and spreadsheets for manufacturing information such as work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, etc.
Basic experience reading mechanical assembly drawings, electrical schematics, and other manufacturing documentation will be required.
Candidate must have a HS Diploma.
Candidate must be a U.S Citizen.
Candidate must be a resident of Huntsville, Alabama or be willing to relocate to the Huntsville, Alabama area.
Experience with the following is a plus:
· Perform testing, debugging, and repair of simple to medium complexity electronic and electro-mechanical equipment, utilizing test equipment such as multimeters, power supplies, signal generators, frequency counters, oscilloscopes, etc.
· Working with chemicals to make materials used in product assembly, such as potting compounds, etc.
· Ability to solder leaded surface mount components (such as Quad Flat Packs) with lead spacing down to 0.5 mm
· Ability to solder 0201 discrete packages
· Experience working under a microscope
· Work in a high paced manufacturing environment
· Familiarity with electronic component handling requirements
· Familiarity with ESD procedures
· Current or prior certification to IPC/WHMA-A-620, IPC-A-610, J-STD-001, & IPC 7711/7721
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.