In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a qualified Mechanical Designer for its Hypersonics line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a Mechanical Designer that will handle all aspects of capturing mechanical designs for 2D drawings and 3D models for Hypersonic Glide Bodies (HGB) and/or Long Range Hypersonic Weapon (LRHW). Specific duties may encompass parts dimensioning and tolerances, materials specification, and finish specification of components. Areas of work will include documenting mechanical designs of the mechanical structure and components as well as assembly, test equipment, and transport fixtures.
An Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or equivalent field is required. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of relevant experience using Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER).
In lieu of an Associate’s degree, 10+ years’ experience using 3-D design drafting packages for mechanical design is acceptable.
The following skills/abilities are desired:
· Experience with drafting of mechanical aspects of missiles and test equipment
· Knowledge of missile mechanical structural systems including cast, forged and
· Experience with compatible materials, fasteners, coatings, processes and assembly methods
· Knowledge of ASME drawing standards
· Experience with Creo Elements/Pro (formerly Pro/ENGINEER)
· Organizational skills to document designs, assist with Technical Data Packages (TDP) and support production and test of HGB equipment
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
The ideal candidate would have design or drafting experience related to missile structural components and have a current DoD Secret clearance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.