In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, an wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineer to join our Avionics Products Division to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Senior Electrical Design Engineer provides electronics design support for various Avionics products. In addition, the Electrical Design engineer is engaged with external customers to provide tailored products to meet their needs. The position will involve supporting electrical system design, circuit card design, cable design, FPGA code development, embedded level firmware development, engineering documentation, board level testing and system level test and debug. This position includes an understanding of instrumentation design with various sensor types (Accelerometers, Pressure Sensors, Strain Gauges, RTDs, and Thermocouples). The work includes assisting other engineers in system level design, testing, debugging, and documentation. The engineer uses configuration management and integrated development environment systems, and methods to provide a quality product.
The position will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects in a fast-paced working environment and engages multiple stakeholders.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- 5-10 years of experience in the design of embedded electronics and implementation of embedded firmware and software
- 5-10 years of experience working with various sensor types and telemetry data systems
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Candidate must have experience effectively communicating within a team environment and have experience mentoring & guiding team members
- A resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Mentor Graphics electrical engineering development tools
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.