Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Senior FPGA Design Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an experienced FPGA firmware design engineer with varied technical interests and demonstrated engineering skills. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with electronics integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop architectures from system requirements for FPGA implementation
- Implement complex algorithms targeting FPGAs
- Use VHDL for synthesizable logic design requiring HDL description
- Support multiple projects simultaneously, as needed
- Provide design inputs to board designers during development of custom hardware utilizing FPGAs
- Actively participate in development and improvement of organizational practices for FPGA firmware development
- Provide informal mentorship when working in teams with less-experienced engineers
- Provide up to system-level input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Candidate must have 10+ years experience in FPGA firmware development from architecture through implementation, simulation, and hardware testing
- Candidate must have proven experience with hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog
- Candidate must have experience with common communication protocols such as: UART, Ethernet, SPI, I2C, CAN bus, etc.
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods for proving out FPGA development on hardware
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Candidate must be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor's of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.5 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates with 15+ years experience in FPGA firmware development from architecture through implementation, simulation, and hardware testing
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Utilizing modern Xilinx FPGA and SoC families, design tools, and common internal interfaces (Xilinx IP Cores, AXI4, AXI-Stream)
- Developing FPGA logic using VHDL
- Implementing high speed interfaces (PCIe, Aurora, 100GbE, JESD204B)
- Interfacing with high speed ADCs and DACs
- MIL-STD-1553 data busses
- Developing secure, safety and mission critical designs
- Experience / expertise in the following areas:
- Datalinks / Modem development
- Radar applications
- Space applications
- Control applications
- General DSP applications
- Additional embedded system experience (examples: SoC, ARM, PIC, RTOS)
- Electronics and PCBA design
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.