In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Systems Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position will join a dynamic software architecture team developing the next generation U.S. Army command and control system for Unmanned Aircraft Systems. This cross functional team utilizes a collaborative approach in a fast paced environment to develop a SysML software architecture model defining the UAS control system’s internal interfaces and external interfaces with other key Army UAS mission command systems to ensure interoperability. Key functional development areas within the software architecture include launch, recovery, and effects. This project involves working with No Magic’s Cameo Enterprise Architecture, also referred to as MagicDraw, and the use of scripting languages to automate design documentation generation directly from the model. Systems engineering support is needed to assist with software requirements development, interoperability standards, software design including message set development and behavior definition, documentation generation from the model, and customer deliverables.
Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Information Systems, or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
· Should have 10-17 years of experience working within a system architecture environment.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in organizational skills, research skills, critical thinking, presentation skills, and be self-driven taking pride in delivering high-quality products.
· Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville – North Alabama, AL area.
· Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools and SysML modeling is required. Experience with No Magic’s Cameo Enterprise Architecture (MagicDraw) is highly preferred.
· Experience with requirements gap analysis, requirements development, requirements modeling, requirements traceability, system specification development, and/or requirements management is required.
· Knowledge of STANAG 4586 and experience with UAS command and control is desired.
· Knowledge of Variable Message Format (VMF), Unites States Message Text Format (USMTF), Tactical Data Link 16 (TDL16), and/or Army Data Dissemination System (Army DDS) messages is beneficial.
· Experience with JIRA is beneficial.
· Familiarity with the Nett Warrior Mobile Handheld Computing Environment, MFoCS tablet, and/or the TSI Command Post Computing Environment (CPCE) are desirable.
· Knowledge of and/or experience with software safety standards such as DO-178 and MIL-STD-882E is beneficial.
· Experience with Army UAS systems is desired.
· Experience with configuration management and formal change control board processes is desired.
· Experience with scripting languages used to automate documentation generation from a model is desired.
· Experience with Open System Architecture principles such as Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACE™) and Sensor Open Systems Architecture (SOSA™) is desired.
· Experience with DoDAF architectures is beneficial.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.