In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Systems Architect to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing advanced electrical and computer application solutions and must be able to:
· Evaluate and interpret undocumented system data exchanges to include serial communications RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485.
· Evaluate performance characteristics of UAS and RPA RF datalink equipment and develop command and control methods.
· Design electrical architecture and integrated systems for real-time, mission-critical systems including flight systems, sensors, and ground control stations.
· Collaborate and communicate effectively with project managers, customers, and team members to determine and develop hardware and software requirements.
· Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements.
· Communicate system requirements to customer in order to obtain feedback and approval.
· Perform hardware and software design/review/build cycles for prototype construction and implement plans for prototype testing at customer location.
The candidate must be motivated and capable of independent work, and take pride in delivering a high-quality product. Must be comfortable learning and researching in order to make sense of broad specifications and new requirements.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a Science or Engineering discipline from an ABET accredited program.
Candidate must have 5-10 years of experience working with DoD UAS system architecture and systems engineering.
Experience with the following technologies are required:
· System architecture experience involving Linux and Windows computing environments
· Experience with operating system virtualization utilizing Type I and II hypervisors (vSphere, KVM, VMWare Workstation)
· Understanding of Windows OS install and maintenance
· Knowledge of Linux Operating system fundamentals
· Experience with Cisco brand routers and firewalls
· Technical leadership (oversight, review, approval roles)
· Candidate must possess excellent communication skills
· Basic programming skills in bash and/or other scripting languages
· Basic networking troubleshooting skills
Experience with the following technologies are a plus:
· Concept of operations involving unmanned aircraft in DoD environments
· Army UAS and Air Force RPA requirements development
· SysML/UML modeling is a plus
· Modular Open System Architecture is a plus
· Military interconnects and interfaces experience
· Radio communication links and GPS/INS systems
· Hardware/software/firmware interface design
· Integration and test experience
· Understanding of DoD cybersecurity best practices
· Security+ and Network+ Certification
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.