In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
The Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Senior Cybersecurity Engineer will work as an integral member of the Army Program Executive Office Missiles and Space (PEO MS) Integrated Fires Mission Command (IFMC) Project Office (PO) Cyber Team.
The technical focus areas for this position will be:
· support development and maintenance of an Anti-Tamper (AT) Plan
· provide cyber support to ongoing adjustments to the Program Protection (PP) Plan
· participate in development of a holistic threat vulnerability risk assessment (TVRA) of the IFMC System of Systems (SoS)
· contribute to the development of a Cyber roadmap of engineering changes to the SoS,
Other expectations of this role:
· be a contributing member of the programs Cyber Agile team which is the central hub of cyber task and outreach management on the program
· maintain documentation artifacts in support of assigned tasking
· participate in trade studies, perform risk analysis, conduct performance analysis, etc. as required by the program
In addition as part of the IFMC Cyber Team there will be many opportunities to collaborate and have exposure to other programs and technical areas of Cyber.
The candidate must:
· Be fluent in the Microsoft Office toolset
· Be a US citizen
· Be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area,
· Have a Bachelor’s degree (or advanced degree) from an accredited college (ABET preferred) in engineering, the sciences or mathematics,
· Candidate must be a self-starter, be detail-oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills and work well with others.
· Candidate must demonstrate strong teamwork skills suitable to the work environment
· The candidate must adapt quickly and continue learning a wide variety of technologies
· Have a minimum of 10 years combined experience in complex information technology environments
In addition candidate must have experience applying knowledge and skills to three or more of the following areas:
· information assurance concepts of confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation
· demonstrate advanced technical proficiency in network standards, principles, and documentation
· Possess a minimum 5 years of experience in Information Technology areas such as server and workstation networking and network configuration.
· Advanced knowledge of cyber threat landscape affecting tactical systems.
· In-depth knowledge of cryptography and the application towards securing data in an information system
· Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows Operating Systems
· Experience designing and architecting information technology solutions
· Experience working in an Agile SAFE setting
· Experience deploying and securing cloud environments
Nice to have attributes:
· architecture, interface, design, and development experience on a DoD program
· Prior experience in a SETA role
· 8570 IAT or IAM Level II or III Certification preferred (i.e., CISSP, CISA, CASP, GSLC, CAP, CASP, CISM)
· Prior experience working with Army Anti-Tamper Evaluation Team
· Familiarity with NIST RMF, NSIT security controls, IAVMs, STIGS, and cyber security assessment tools (e.g., ACASS, Nessus, SCC, STIG Viewer).
Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance or higher.