In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Configuration Management Specialist to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Configuration Management Specialist will provide Configuration Management (CM) support to Engineering and Manufacturing in documenting and tracking releases and changes in all phases of product development, design, and production for projects. This position will be responsible for:
· Executing Configuration and Data Management processes and controls
· Ensuring company policies and procedures are implemented in accordance with industry standards and customer requirements
· Developing and documenting process improvements related to Configuration Management
· Manage/track/report CM metrics including change cycle time, reason for change and deviation from documented design
· Managing and tracking of all types of configuration baseline releases and changes from multiple design authorities
· Production of data packages to meet internal and contractual requirements
· Providing direction to multiple CM Change Analyst in implementing Dynetics and industry standards for CM
· Candidate will support tasks in a dynamic environment, working closely with both design and manufacturing teams to support a wide range of product types throughout their lifecycles including mechanical items, electrical items, assemblies and a wide variety of documentation including drawings, models, gerbers, work instructions and production/test records
· Collaborate with multiple disciplines such as Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering to ensure properly documented product design and build records are generated and maintained
· Assist with providing solutions to unique and complex CM issues that may have not been previously encountered or a process developed and documented within Dynetics.
· This position will be focused on hardware / product design/engineering / manufacturing with minimum software CM.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a minimum of five (10) years of applicable experience.
- In lieu of degree, High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of at least ten (15) years applicable experience in configuration and data management of defense and aerospace products where impact assessments, change authorization and adhering to industry standards is a daily required activity.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing and have experience effectively communicating in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams including Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering and Purchasing.
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must have a working knowledge of the Engineering / Design and Manufacturing process.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Candidate must have experience with product create, release and change for final assembly, mechanical, cable or PCB/PCBA type products.
- Candidate must have experience in managing the creation and on-going maintenance of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) parts including the Approved Manufacturer List (AML) management of these type components.
- Candidate must have experience with and knowledge of ASME or IPC design standards
- Candidate must have demonstrated attention to detail, and willingness to work through complex, tedious CM tasks.
- Candidate must have experience working with a PLM tool such as Oracle Agile, PTC Windchill, Dassault SolidWorks EPDM, etc. in a creator / approver role
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
Technical background in aerospace or DOD products
Product Lifecycle Management related tasks with managing design data for documents, parts, manufacturers, bills of material and engineering changes
Inventory management tools such as Deltek Costpoint
Managing Engineering Change Packages from creation to implementation
Understanding of design change impacts to Manufacturing including existing open orders, inventory / finished goods and Work In Progress (WIP)
Identification of configuration items and maintaining of product and project baselines
Coordinating the evaluation and implementation of changes within cross-functional teams, such as engineering change request, product deviations and waivers, engineering change notices and engineering change orders
Assembly of Technical Data Packages
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.