In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Business Development Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Weapons Technology and Manufacturing Operation (WTMO) is an industry-recognized innovative leader that delivers speed, agility and high quality technology to weapons design, prototyping and manufacturing while lowering costs and contributing to our customers’ success. WTMO specializes in such areas as hypersonics, Integrated Force Protection, rapid prototyping, advanced manufacturing and has the reputation as the “go to” organization to solve complex challenges presented by newly emerging capabilities.
As the Business Development Lead for the WTMO, you thrive in an environment where you are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and customers. You understand the Corporate strategy and how your organization meets strategic goals. You are fluent in company capabilities and competencies. You support the Operation Manager by ensuring his/her overall BD strategy aligns with Corporate goals and maximizes organizational strengths. You perform market and economic analysis, conduct business intelligence, design and execute formal capture plans, support marketing efforts and monitor market and competitor activity. You develop and nurture internal and external partnerships and relationships. You manage a team of business development professionals, including capture managers, BD leads and BD analysts. You support the Operation Manager by ensuring the organization maintains a healthy pipeline of opportunities and executes cost-effective win strategies to achieve annual financial objectives.
- Supports overall strategic planning by identifying and developing a pipeline of opportunities that provide an opportunity to grow market share and revenue.
- Provide leadership, management and oversight for pursuits/capture activities with a goal of meeting / exceeding the business development metrics for awards, submits, and pipeline growth.
- Continuously monitors the market to keep track of competitor strength/ competencies and their impact and positioning.
- Coordinates meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices.
- Participates in business planning activities, to include weekly pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity collaboration sessions and gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal writing and reviews.
- Monitors the Operation’s pipeline, establishes BD priorities and recommends the allocation of resources. Manages a team of business development and capture management professionals.
- May have other business activities, such as investigating and evaluating potential mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, geographic expansions, licensing, partnerships, joint ventures, new business/market opportunities to determine if such activities are in line with the organization's overall strategy and vision.
- Responsible for professional development of BD workforce
- Creates workforce and staffing plans for function/families to ensure efficient use of resources.
Bachelor's degree from an Accredited college or university with at least 15 years of Business Development related experience (developing and implementing new programs, business or customer relationships), including 12 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Proven track record of successful capture and pipeline management across multiple Defense Community organizations and program offices at a variety of acquisition sizes
- Experience working directly with Defense Community and Government and DoD personnel
- Experience with Government/DoD budget, investments and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated access to key government customers and industry partners
- Travel as required estimated 20-30% per month
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports and a customer relationship management to track opportunities and manage pipeline
Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Group and across Leidos
- Management of a pipeline of opportunities with a value of $5 billion or greater
- A technical degree is highly desired. Advanced degree preferred
- Active TS/SCI clearance is preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance. Candidate must also be able to obtain and maintain TS/SCI clearance