In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Avionics Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions
The candidate will be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary team developing avionics suites and must be able to:
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members to translate mission-level, customer-driven system needs into specifications for aircraft avionics suites and individual avionics components.
- Contribute to system hardware and software architecture decisions based on customer performance, schedule, and cost requirements (including build/buy trades).
- Work with a large software team to ensure that software specifications are suitable for software development.
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineering teams to ensure avionics size, weight, and power needs are in line with system-level constraints.
- Coordinate with vendors of avionics products, both software and hardware, to ensure products are delivered within expectations.
- Assist with systems engineering-based requirements verification with diverse group of software and hardware-based test teams, in a lab environment and to support flight testing.
- Communicate and assist with hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) test team about system test needs and interfaces to support production of a HWIL simulated flight environment.
Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program Candidate must demonstrate capabilities in the following:
Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
Candidate must also be a US Citizen and be located in (or willing to relocate to) the Huntsville area.
Candidate desired skills include one or more of the following:
General understanding of aircraft flight principles
Hardware-in-the-loop integration, testing and test planning in a real-time environment
Candidates with previous experience working in a team environment are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.