Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented leader to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' team in Colorado Springs is currently looking to add a Product Owner interested in supporting Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) radar modeling and simulation (M&S) activities. Candidates with a strong background in systems engineering, software engineering, or both are highly desired. The Product Owner will support the team in the following areas:
- Collaborate with customers, end users, and radar developers to understand their needs and translate them into product requirements.
- Participate with other product owners, scrum masters to refine product vision and road map
- Lead a team of engineers and software developers on the development and implementation of a suite of sensor models used for element and system level analysis and verification and validation
- Manage and groom product backlog and work with customer on prioritization of backlog items
- De-compose backlog items into user stories and work with team to estimate work to complete stories
- Monitor and evaluate progress at each stage of the process
- Participate in scrum meetings, tag-ups, planning meetings and other scrum ceremonies
- Report and track problems, and working with leadership to resolve problems and remove road blocks
- Work with IPT Leadership, guide OSM Team through applicable IPDS gates and product milestones
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Software), Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics or similar program of study is required.
- System/software development life cycles and agile development practices
- RADAR algorithms experience including signal processing, tracking, and discrimination
- Radar Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Experience
- Candidates should have a solid understanding of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and Ballistic Missile Defense Systems (BMDS).
- Experience interacting with the government customer and stakeholders to develop clear definitions of required capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members
- Scaled Agile Framework experience; working as a part of a SCRUM Team.
- MATLAB or JIRA Experience
- Experience working directly with Government Customers
- Experience using Jira or similar project tracking software
- Familiarity using Python, C++, Matlab, Ada or similar language
- Product Owner Certification
- Experience with Linux/Unix commands and environment.Discrete Event Simulation experience
- Experience Leading an Engineering Team
- Experience Leading Formal Technical Reviews
- Master's or advanced degree in engineering, math or physics would be beneficial
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. An interim Secret clearance is required to start.