Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented PCB Layout Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers and designers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be a working manager responsible for supervising a team of engineers and designers while contributing to system development programs for internal and external customers. As a manager, the individual will develop and grow their team to support organizational objectives. As a technical contributor or leader, the individual will support a variety of programs to develop electronic assemblies integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems. The individual will be expected to manage their time and priorities effectively to ensure both project and organizational success.
The individual must be a self-starter with strong technical skills and a proven history of technical leadership. The individual must also have excellent communication skills and a desire to build and develop a team to tackle challenging technical problems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to develop team members
- Develop strong working relationships with team members to meet productivity and retention goals
- Grow the team by identifying hiring needs, writing job postings, coordinating screening of applicants, interviewing on-site, and making hiring recommendations
- Support organizational business development goals and initiatives by contributing to (or leading) proposals
- Propose and implement ideas to improve organizational quality, agility, and capability
- Perform necessary reporting, approvals, and other administrative tasks including weekly project status reports for senior management
- Provide technical input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
- Manage PCB Layout team activities, schedules, reviews, standards, procedures and employee evaluations
- Oversight of PCB Layout backlog, including managing priority of the backlog and communicating status to stakeholders
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidate must have an Associate’s degree or higher in Engineering, Electronics, or CAD
- Candidate must have 5+ years of experience with a PCB Design software suite (Mentor Graphics, Altium, Cadence/Allegro, Other).
- Candidate must have 2+ years of experience leading technical teams
- Candidate must have experience with technical problem solving and root cause analysis
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability to decompose system-level considerations (i.e. requirements) to lower design levels
- Candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of PCB layout, Signal Integrity, Constraint Driven Design
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candidate must have strong presentation/briefing skills
- Position requires candidate to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution with a 3.0 or higher GPA
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Personnel management including hiring, employee development, and staffing coordination
- Evaluating and implementing processes improvement initiatives
- Project management including cost/schedule oversight and status reporting
- Business development activities including developing briefings, white papers, and proposals
- Mentor Graphics Xpedition PCB Layout software suite
- PCB fabrication, Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, Design for Test and IPC/ANSI Standards
- IPC CID or CID+ Certified
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.