In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Sr. Systems Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The selected candidate will join a group of highly technical engineers, analysts, and software developers engaged in the development of high-fidelity modeling & simulation (M&S) capabilities to represent Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) radars. The Open Systems Architecture Sensor Models (OSM) developed under this program are used to represent the AN/TPY-2, CD, UEWR, and SBX radar systems. The selected applicant will support the following activities:
· Provide leadership to the systems engineering team in developing system and software requirements.
· Coordinate the implementation of requirements and acceptance criteria with software team and functional leads.
· Collaborate with software team to develop test strategies to verify implemented software quality.
· Decompose high level system architectures and requirement specifications into Agile stories/tasks.
· Support development of technical documents (CDRLs) related to software releases.
· Participate in technical reviews with team and customer.
· Provide support to customers as needed.
· Work in an Agile SCRUM environment with a team.
· Provide mentorship and training to less experienced engineers.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, or Software), Computer Science, Applied Math, Physics or similar program of study is required.
· 8 + years in a systems engineering role.
· 5+ years using Python and/or Matlab.
· Radar and/or Missile Defense experience.
· Working knowledge of MBSE activities and implementation - Utilizing Magic Draw or similar tools to support MBSE.
· Demonstrated ability as a team player to build consensus among peers and build effective relationships with team members.
Salary - $80,000 - $110,000
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance. An interim clearance is required to start.