In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Application Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Application Engineer will work closely with Nissan process and quality engineering teams to develop automotive diagnostic software and maintain existing Dynetics equipment. The candidate will interface with manufacturing management, team leads, and plant technicians to improve existing processes, debug diagnostic issues, and implement new applications.
The ideal candidate will have proven track record of success as an engineer in a customer-facing, manufacturing setting with little guidance. Candidate will display ability to process complex information from engineering and manufacturing teams to determine appropriate action to address diagnostic issues. Candidate will also display ability to identify manufacturing and process improvements and build upon existing customer business.
· Maintain existing diagnostic processes and equipment
· Facilitate investigations into identified and potential manufacturing or process concerns
· Analyze diagnostic data to determine manufacturing concerns and determine appropriate action
· Work alongside quality engineering, process engineering, and manufacturing management to identify process improvements
· Develop new diagnostic processes for new and existing vehicles
· Assist with other tasks as needed
· Position may require working overnight or outside normal working hours
· Position may require travel to other facilities or Dynetics main office (10%)
· Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Automotive Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
· Candidate must demonstrate history of working in collaborative engineering environments with multi-disciplinary teams.
· Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
· Candidate must be a resident of the Madison County, Mississippi area or willing to relocate to the Canton/Jackson, Mississippi area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
Candidate must be a US Citizen and will be subjected to a Background Check.