In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electro-Mechanical Quality Inspector to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Quality Inspector will support the Dynetics Space Systems Division with development of space products and systems with primary responsibility for the assembly, integration, and testing of the Universal Stage Adapter. Successful candidate will be responsible for verifying that electro-mechanical parts, assemblies and integrated hardware and testing activities meet specified drawing/specification requirements. This position will support shift operations at our assembly facility in Decatur, AL. Examples of hardware are large composite structural panels, cable assemblies, mechanical boxes, and Electro-Explosive Devices, etc. Other duties may include performing receiving inspection, logging shelf-life material, performing first article inspections, calibration of standard inspection equipment, and setting up and measuring parts using standard measuring equipment. Applicant must be able to work in fast-paced R&D and production environments with minimal supervision.
· Candidate must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
· Must be able to work shifts, as required.
· 5+ years of inspection experience. Certificated Quality Inspector preferred, but not required.
· Must be proficient with standard inspection and measurement equipment, i.e. micrometers, calipers, multimeters, magnification, black light inspections, etc.
· Must be able to execute or witness test procedures and generate test/inspection reports.
· Must be able to complete First Article Inspections (FAI) I.A.W. AS9102
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings, assembly schematics, design models, and specifications and prepare hand written or computer generated inspection reports.
· Experience with Microsoft Windows & Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
· Must be able to work a full-time, 5-days per week 8-hours per shift. Must be able to accommodate overtime as needed.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Must be able to work at heights.
· Position requires candidate to be capable of performing in a collective environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams & sub-tier partners
· Must be able to pass an eye exam for visual inspection.
Candidate must be a resident of, or willing to relocate to, the Decatur, AL area.
Preferred candidates will also meet some of the following:
· Knowledge and/or experience working with critical aerospace flight hardware
· Experience and working knowledge of large composite structural panels
· Knowledge and/or experience with assembly area safety
· Knowledge and/or experience with working in a cleanroom environment
· Knowledge of NDE practices
· Knowledge and/or experience working within an AS9100 environment
· Experience working knowledge with counterfeit prevention
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.