Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynetics, is seeking a qualified Test Engineer for its Directed Energy line of business. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics Technical Solutions provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The successful candidate will serve as a Test Engineer that will support the Integration and Test IPT for a high energy laser project (IFPC-HEL). The selected individual will serve as test planner and engineer for fast-paced projects focused on design and test of new systems. Primary responsibilities for the individual will be:
- Using system requirements to generate test plans for development, qualification, and acceptance phases of hardware projects
- Developing schematics and test layouts, working with project engineers and test technicians to determine and support procurement of test equipment
- Creating test plans and detailed step-by-step test procedures to satisfy requirements
- Conducting tests according to approved procedures
- Post-test reporting
A BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering from an ABET accredited university and 3+ years of relevant experience.
The following skills/abilities are required:
- Test planning and Execution
- Working with electronic test equipment (e.g. data systems, instrumentation, Oscilloscopes, Voltmeters )
- Capabilities with electrical and mechanical system troubleshooting
Candidates must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Experience and demonstrated skill in any of the following areas is also a plus:
- Working in a Clean room environment
- Familiarity with High Energy Laser systems
- Familiarity with Thermal management systems
- Familiarity with Power management systems
- DOD Test Range experience
- Strong work ethic and a positive team player
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are necessary
- Software integration and testing
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.