Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a qualified Software Developer to join a diverse, highly-skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, intelligence, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is seeking a talented Software Developer to join a multi-contractor team in the sustainment and development of state-of-the-art hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) signature injection capabilities for Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) radar systems in support of the Missile Defense Agency (MDA).
In this position, the candidate will support software development activities with the product owners, scrum teams, and radar analysts and subject matter experts in a scrum/agile software development environment. This individual will support software development efforts to:
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug signal injection software used in real-time HWIL simulations;
- Apply appropriate coding standards, processes, procedures, tools, and documentation throughout the development life cycle;
- Apply knowledge of signal injection algorithms, software features and capabilities to design, develop, and architect the software for optimal efficiency, physical accuracy, and data throughput capability;
- Identify and correct software errors, compile documentation of software development, and analyze signal injection software capabilities.
The candidate should be a self-starter that is attentive to details and works well in a multi-disciplined team environment.
- Have at least 2+ years of experience and possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education;
- Have experience applying Object Oriented (OO) Design & Development using C++ and/or Java or similar languages;
- Have demonstrated experience with Eclipse or other IDEs (Intellij, Netbeans, Visual Studio).
- Have demonstrated experience using Linux/Unix commands and environment.
- Have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
- Be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Experience with BMDS radars and signal injection experience is a plus. Experience with GPU programming, CPU core utilization/optimization, multi-threaded processing, and software development in a scrum/agile environment is strongly desired. Experience with GPU programming, CPU core utilization/optimization, and parallel processing is desired.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.