Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking an Electrical/Mechanical Technician to join our team in Huntsville, AL. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions
The successful candidate will support the Power Management Integrated Product Team (IPT) through multiple program phases including planning, prototype production, testing, integration, and final delivery of a High Energy Laser (HEL) system. The electrical technician will work with a group that performs testing of electronic/avionics components, requirements development and review, electrical circuit testing, hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) testing, integration assembly and testing, configuration of test equipment, subsystem testing and troubleshooting. Work will be conducted in an integration/production facility and a laboratory environment.
Program Specific job duties may include:
- Providing manufacturing support to the Power Management IPT.
- Assembling cable trays.
- Building prototype cables and circuits as needed for testing and integration.
- Installing wiring on prototype mobile platform.
- Assembling components into the power system.
- Integrating high voltage batteries.
- Integrating and testing assemblies on both a subsystem and system level.
- Creating functional lab space for testing and integration of electrical hardware.
- Researching and specifying lab equipment needed for Power Management IPT.
- Electrical lab management including organization and inventory control of electrical components, electrical printed circuit assemblies, prototype parts, sub-assemblies, test equipment, and tools.
- Documentation of lab and production facility processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that test equipment calibration stays current.
- Responsible for safety of lab environment.
- Interface with the Dynetics safety organization to ensure that lab is complying with latest safety processes.
- Serving as the primary interface between printed circuit assembly (PCA) manufacturer and Avionics IPT- responsible for ensuring high quality products are delivered on time.
- Inspecting and verifying electrical performance of PCA and sub-assemblies.
- Troubleshooting and repair of printed circuit assemblies.
An associate’s degree in a relevant electrical or manufacturing field is required with at least 5+ years of relevant experience.
In lieu of an associate’s degree, the candidate should have 10+ years of directly applicable experience with a High School diploma or GED and the following skills/abilities:
- Soldering / de-soldering
- Ability to read drawings
- Microscopic inspection, troubleshooting, and repair of PCA boards
- Component level, circuit level electrical and radio frequency (RF) testing of avionics hardware
- Documentation of procedures
- Experience with electrical and RF test equipment
- Lab management experience
The ideal candidate would have 10+ years of experience in electronics/avionics/environmental manufacturing for weapon of weapon-support systems and have a current Secret clearance.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or scientific field.
- Flexibility – Must be willing to work with minimal documentation and in some cases be the pathfinder for new tasks.
- Organizational – Needs to be able to maintain an efficient lab space to minimize disruptions to work flow.
- Quality - Attention to detail is critical to mission success.
- Self-starter - Must be willing to take ownership of tasks where needed.
Experience with high energy laser systems is beneficial
Organizational – Needs to be able to maintain an efficient lab space to minimize disruptions to work flow.
Quality - Attention to detail is critical to mission success.
Self-starter - Must be willing to take ownership of tasks where needed.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.