Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Deputy Director of Manufacturing Operations to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, aerospace, cyber, space and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position will lead Dynetics Manufacturing functions in support of efficient execution of manufacturing operations across multiple local manufacturing facilities, to include mechanical & electronics components fabrication, integration of weapon systems, sensors, and other complex electro-mechanical systems. The Deputy Director will lead functional teams responsible for Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Operations Planning, and MES Implementation. This leader will drive the identification of preferred/best practices across Dynetics operating sites, and will follow through with standardization and documentation of manufacturing functional processes. This position will also partner with local Plant Managers on functional staffing, process improvement, and development of functional metrics to drive performance.
The Deputy Director of Manufacturing Operations will also lead and/or provide critical input in formulating manufacturing strategies, building teams, mentoring teammates and driving business results. Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Leading cross-functional team to meet key customer requirements supporting both internal and external customers
- Ensuring that Quality and Compliance standards are met for all products
- Leading the implementation of a new Manufacturing Execution System
- Leading the development and implementation of demand/capacity planning tools and other production metrics
- Assist in establishing business rhythm elements associated with manufacturing functional support
- Participate in development and planning activities related to the Leidos Manufacturing Center of Excellence
- Drive cross training and functional flexibility across sites
- Support annual budgeting process for Manufacturing
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement and problem solving
- Writing proposals and supporting business development opportunities
The candidate selected for this position will lead a diverse functional team that will support the execution of multiple simultaneous and diverse manufacturing activities. This will be a dynamic environment and a high growth area.
- BS in a technical or business discipline with 15+ years of experience, OR Masters in technical or business discipline with 10+ years of experience.
- Candidate must have experience in leadership of manufacturing support teams for Defense, Aerospace, Space or Commercial projects with an understanding of manufacturing quality requirements for such projects.
- Technical and leadership experience in at least one of the following manufacturing support: Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Material Planning, or Master Production Scheduling
- Candidate must have personnel management or organizational leadership experience, including interviewing, assessing, and hiring new personnel.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Experience managing deployed resources across various sites
- Experience in macro-level demand/supply planning
- Experience with implementing Enterprise MES or a similar manufacturing system project of high complexity
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint accounting software
- Experience with AS9100, IPC, and DCMA standards
- Led cross-functional team with emphasis on timely, high quality manufacturing support
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean principles, Visual Management and continuous improvement
- Strong background in the Aerospace Industry
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.