Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Receiving & Incoming Quality Inspector to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Successful candidate will be responsible for receipt and initial quality inspection of purchased parts, materials, and documentation for conformance to purchase order requirements and specifications. This includes examination of items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit, inspection and measurement for dimensional accuracy, fit, alignment, labeling, and functional operation, according to prints, parts manuals, company standards, and other specifications. Other duties may include lot acceptance testing, calibration of standard inspection equipment, and setting up and measuring parts using standard measuring equipment. Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced R&D environment with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years of receiving and inspection experience.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software is a plus.
- Must be able to receive, quality check, label, and store incoming inventory.
- Must be able to compare quantity and part number of items received with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Must be able to approve or reject items, and record inspection and disposition information.
- Must maintain cleanliness and organization in Warehouse and Receiving areas. ESD and FOD prevention experience is a plus.
- Must be proficient with micrometers, height gages, gage blocks, radius gages, calipers, and other standard inspection equipment.
- Experience with CMM is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, material certifications, and specifications and prepare hand written or computer generated inspection reports.
- Applicant must be able to work a full-time, 5-days per week 8-hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while performing inspections.
- Must be able to pass an eye exam for visual inspection.
- Must be willing to complete forklift certification
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate.
Candidates with experience in inspection of complex aerospace hardware are desired. Prior experience with AS9100/ISO9001 quality systems is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.