Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Software Test Engineer to support a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Test Engineer will work with a cross-disciplinary team to test and integrate software components of a system to serve a variety of Dynetics internal and external customers. The candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced working environment and be a motivated independent learner. The candidate should be analytical and thorough with defining and executing tests. The candidate will need to develop test procedures, execute tests, and communicate the results with the team to validate and improve our products. The candidate will work to analyze and validate requirements, and map these requirements to tests. The candidate may be involved in all levels of testing: System, Integration, Regression, and Design Verification).
You will love this job if you:
- enjoy breaking things or finding the limits of product design
- enjoy problem solving and debugging
- like to write scripts but also like to get your hands on actual hardware to assemble and build systems
- take an analytical approach to solving problems and organizing data
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of professional test or software experience.
- The candidate must be highly organized with an excellent technical background.
- The candidate must be able to work in a lab environment in-person.
- The candidate must have a troubleshooting mindset with a motivation to solve problems.
- The candidate must be able to understand and follow test plans and procedures, and provide detailed evidence of test results.
- The candidate must be able to detect and track software defects and inconsistencies.
- The candidate must be able to collaborate closely with software engineers and other engineering disciplines.
- Candidate must have experience with system development processes, to include systems engineering, requirements traceability, and software validation and verification.
Preference will be shown to candidates who have experience with:
- LabView (Development and/or use)
- Systems Engineering (requirements traceability)
- Test automation
- IP networking
- Software Safety
- Earned Value Management / Control Account Management responsibilities
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.