In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electronics Inspector to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position involves inspecting and hand soldering of surface mount components on high density printed circuit boards (PCBs). Applicants must have strong attention to detail and surface mount soldering skills. Successful candidate will be responsible for verifying that PCB assemblies meet specified drawing/specification requirements. Applicants must have a strong familiarity with SMD components including package types, polarities, and acceptance criteria as outlined in IPC-610. Applicants must also be able to perform rework at the component and board level, including replacement of fine-pitch and bottom terminated parts. We desire applicants who are highly motivated and pay attention to detail. Applicants must be able to perform with high throughput and with minimal errors. A surface mount soldering test will be given as part of the interview process.
Candidate must have a High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent.
Candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Strong understanding of J-STD-001 and/or IPC-610 standards.
- Experience reading the associated documents (assembly drawings, electrical schematics, etc.).
- Strong familiarity with SMD components (package types, polarities, acceptance criteria as outlined in IPC-610, etc.).
- Experience inspecting and soldering under a microscope.
- Ability to solder leaded surface mount components with 0.4 mm pitch spacing.
- Ability to solder 0201 discrete packages.
- U.S. Citizen.
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Achieved J-STD-001 soldering certification and IPC-610 inspection certification within the last 5 years.
- IPC 7711/7721 Rework certification within the last 5 years.
- Experience using soldering equipment such as hot air pencil, preheater, etc.
- Experience operating AOI Review Station
- Experience inspecting BTCs & BGAs under x-ray
- Experience working with Aegis or similar MES system
- Experience assembling and/or inspecting electromechanical assemblies and cable harnesses.
- Computer skills associated with these assembly and inspection tasks (such as creating work instructions, parts lists, inventory reports, inspection reports, etc.).
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.