With offices across the Unites States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics, provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions. Currently Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos is seeking a talented Cyber Physical Systems Research Engineer in Huntsville, AL to design, develop, and optimize hardware and software for offensive and defensive cyber operations and resiliency efforts. The selected candidate will support research and development relating to offensive and defensive cyber operations, including: Vulnerability research, reverse engineering, tool and exploit development. The research and development will support Dynetics programs and new business areas in the defense, intelligence, commercial, and civil markets.
The selected candidate will work on Dynetics and customer-sponsored research and development projects across the full-spectrum of cyber operations.
- Performing vulnerability research, assessment, and remediation
- Developing new algorithms used in IDS/IPS systems to detect malicious behavior
- Reverse engineering of operating systems, malware, firmware, and other binaries
- Development of cyber tools including command and control systems, foundational tools, exploits, and applications mean to automate offensive and defensive cyber operations
- Evaluating and recommending future research and development projects based on advances in industry, technologies, and Dynetics business strategy.
Additionally, the candidate will work with a team of researchers and developers to document and demonstrate Leidos’ R&D capabilities and output to teammates and customers in support of Dynetics programs and business development activities.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field and 2+ years of experience including some of the topics below:
- Prior experience performing vulnerability analysis, reverse engineering, and/or cyber tool development
- Automotive ECU, ICS, medical device, UAV, IOT and other embedded systems experience for either development or reverse engineering such devices
- Experience developing applications for Windows, LINUX, Android, and/or iOS operating systems
- Software/hardware development in a collaborative team environment
- Familiarity with tools and projects including IDA Pro, Metasploit, Ghidra, and others
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., Xen, ESXi or KVM) and containerization technologies
- Experience and interest in fundamental networking implementations and concepts, including basic LAN and WAN networking skills
- Development experience with infrastructure languages (e.g. bash, python or golang)
- Experience with Agile software development and DevOps tools and pipelines (e.g. Atlassian suite)
- Experience with Cyber Security Concepts
- Experience in Radio Frequency (RF) and Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- The ability to work independently to deliver results• The ability to work independently to deliver results
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.