Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Electrical Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The employee in this role will support the Dynetics Space Division with development of aerospace products and support equipment. Responsibilities include performing duties related to electrical systems, including the design of electrical cables, the selection, procurement, manufacture, use, and/or testing/screening of electronic parts and systems in high reliability applications, the creation of engineering requirements specifications and drawings, and advising projects on part selections maximizing reliability while considering cost and schedule constraints. Candidate is expected to apply knowledge of industry practices and standards across a range of applications and systems, and to support project team meetings and reviews, with a high degree of personal and professional responsibility.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least (3) three years of direct experience in engineering design activities, preferably in aerospace or spaceflight industry.
- Must have professional experience with EEE parts and supporting Mil-STDs.
- Candidate must have proven ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and to present results to a multi-disciplined team.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET-accredited university.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in use of computer-aided engineering tools. Experience with SolidWorks Electrical a plus.
- Preferred candidate will have programming experience in C or similar language.
- Preferred candidate will have experience selecting space rated components meeting NASA standards.
Candidate must be a US Citizen.
Possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.