Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Communications Algorithm Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware-based solutions. The individual selected for this position will be an experienced Communications engineer with varied technical interests and demonstrated engineering skills. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The engineer will work closely with electronics integrated into a diverse range of aerospace and military systems including manned/unmanned ground/air vehicles, missiles, defensive radars, and space systems.
The selected candidate will be expected to:
- Develop algorithms to support communications protocols from pre-defined specifications
- Understand and implement DSP modules such as FIR, LDPC, turbo algorithms
- Implement communications protocols in C, MATLAB, and/or Simulink such as FEC, QPSK
- Support converting implemented software into HDL-compatible designs using tools such as HDL Coder or Xilinx HLS
- Provide technical oversight and mentorship to develop team members
- Actively participate in development and improvement of organizational practices for workflow development
- Provide up to system-level input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
The ideal candidate will thrive in a learning environment that encourages leadership and technical growth.
- Candidates must have a Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Candidates must have knowledge of MATLAB and/or C development
- Candidates must have experience with common DSP algorithms
- Candidates must have experience in analyzing and characterizing developed algorithms
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates must have 5+ years experience in communications/algorithm development
Preference shown to candidates who possess a PHD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Hardware description languages such as VHDL or Verilog
- Hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods for proving out FPGA development on hardware
- Experience / expertise in the following areas:
- Datalinks / Modem development
- Communication applications
- Space applications
- Control applications
- DSP applications
- FEC applications
- Embedded system experience with Xilinx products (examples: SoC, ARM, PIC, RTOS)
- Electronics and PCBA design
- Research and development for white papers or journal articles
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.