Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Senior Software Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Senior Software Lead will join a highly-skilled, multidisciplinary team contributing to Enduring Shield. This program leverages previous launcher development while creating a modular system architecture that allows for 360-degree engagement with multiple targets simultaneously. This role includes leading the design and implementation of software architecture, while interacting with multiple functional groups (mechanical, electrical, etc.). A successful candidate will also lead the design and implementation of software testing, with a particular focus on continuous integration. Other areas of work include promoting software best practices and processes and serving as the main software contact for other multidisciplinary groups, both inside and outside Dynetics.
The ideal candidate has experience:
- Conducting software briefings to a variety of audiences
- Refining Agile software processes to a team’s evolving needs
- Mentoring team members in building robust software solutions through peer reviews and other efforts
- Leading software architecture and development for a large system
- Enhancing software quality through efforts like continuous integration methods
- Assisting in document and deliverable generation
The candidate must:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with 15 or more years of experience in a highly technical software role OR have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with 12 or more years of experience in a highly technical software role
- Possess a strong competency in C/C++ software development
- Have software lead experience in an Agile environment
- Be a resident or willing to relocate to the North Alabama area
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (C#, Java, Python)
- Experience collaborating in multidisciplinary environments such as the integration of firmware, hardware, and software
- Full-stack development
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Developing and integrating software together with hardware and firmware
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.