Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented problem solver to serve as a Mechanical Engineer supporting the development of a Thermal Protection System as a part of the nation’s leading Hypersonic Production Program conducted within Dynetics’ Advanced Materials Product Group.
As an integral member of the TPS production team, the successful candidate will serve as a Metrology Engineer utilizing the latest inspection and metrology techniques in the development of manufacturing and assembling ceramic, composite, and metallic components into a complex assembly. Candidate will be responsible for evaluating metrology data, documenting methodology used, and presenting results to team members and/or customers. Candidate must be able to apply knowledge of engineering design, GD&T, and manufacturing processes to complex mechanical assemblies. This position may perform on multiple programs requiring the following, but not limited to:
- Utilize 3D scanning to perform metrology of components and complex assemblies using GD&T in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Effectively communicate results with a team of diverse individuals
- Develop documentation to standardized metrology methods
- Develop metrology processes for new systems based on design intent and customer requirements
- Develop automation processes integration to a manufacturing environment
- Perform design of tooling, fixturing, and prototype hardware
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or similar
- 5-10 years of experience in engineering, metrology, and mechanical design
- 5-10 years of experience with SolidWorks or equivalent CAD software
- Experience processing 3D data
- Experience with metrology of complex systems
- Active security clearance
- Proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5
- Excellent communication skills including preparing reports and present results customers
- Team leadership experience
- Ability to stay focused and succeed in high-stress, dynamic, and fast-paced environments
- Strong Communication and attention to detail
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.