Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Radar Cross Section (RCS) analyst/model developer to join a diverse team to create unique RCS solutions for complex weapon and sensor systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics' Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking a mid- to senior-level engineer or scientist with requisite skills and interest to support RCS modeling and analysis for the Department of Defense and United States Intelligence Community. Experience with radio frequency (RF) static range measurements, RF defense radar systems, RCS predictions, computer aided design (CAD) models, and digital signal processing (DSP) are also desired. A strong technical background (engineering, math, or physics) and a strong background in programming (MatLab, Python, C/C++, or similar) are required.
The position will include collaboration within a team and customer environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidate must have good people skills, be an effective communicator, and have the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or higher from an ABET accredited university in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or equivalent.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years experience in RCS modeling or analysis. The preferred candidate will have a balanced mix of RCS modeling and analysis experience.
- Candidate should be proficient in MatLab, Python, C/C++, or similar language/tool for analysis.
- The candidate should be skilled with RCS prediction tools (Xpatch, SAF, SENTRi, etc.) and have some knowledge of standard RCS file formats (N-point, APSM, 3DSC, etc.).
- Candidate must be able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Experience with CAD tools for developing RF signature models (SolidWorks, CREO, NX, ModelMan, Rhino, Cubit, etc.) and corresponding file formats is desired.
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS is a plus, as is model development and analysis using a high performance computing (HPC) system.
- Candidates with ambition towards continuous learning, innovation, and diverse work requirements are preferred.
- Candidates with an active Final Secret and/or Top Secret clearance are preferred.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.