Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented leader and team-oriented sUAS operator to serve as a Section Manager within the Unmanned Systems and Aerodynamics Department. This Section Manager will manage a team of 5-10 small UAS operators and will report directly to the Branch Manager overseeing the larger group. The position is equally technical, having ~50% sUAS flight operations focus, with the other ~50% being personnel management. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have relevant sUAS instructor pilot flight experience.
- sUAS Flight Instructor.
- Minimum 100 hours sUAS flight time.
- Expert knowledge of UAS industry specific software to include, but not limited to
- open-source ground control applications such as Mission Planner, QGroundControl, APM Planner, etc.
- BS from an acccredited university with a focus on UAS operational configuration, interoperability and control, sensing systems, system designs, robotic and control, meteorology, and/or aviation regulations.
- Expert knowledge of FAA regulations.
- Expert knowledge of DCMA 8210.1C operations.
- Expert knowledge of the National Airspace System (NAS) and Restricted Airspace.
- In-depth knowledge of Pixhawk autopilots.
- Ability to manually fly UAS platforms without the assistance of GPS guided flight modes.
- Expert knowledge of MAVLink parameter(s) configuration/modification.
- Expert knowledge of RFD900 Tools/telemetry module configuration.
- Expert knowledge with downloading and translating MAVLink log messages.
The position will require travel within the United States approximately 40% of the time.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (as well as maintain) a Final Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.