Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Developer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Developer will design, develop, test and integrate software for a real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulator for testing guided munitions. Software developed by the candidate will include application software, device drivers, user interfaces, instrumentation systems and real-time 6DOF simulations. This position requires the ability to work with a team to understand and perform all aspects of software design, development, and testing.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with flexibility and skill set to transition between multiple high level and low level software tasks. This position will provide project end-to-end capability including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation using both traditional and agile software development methods.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineer, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least three years of software development experience.
- The candidate must demonstrate a working knowledge of object oriented programming as well as experience in software design and debugging.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in software development in C/C++.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively collaborating within an agile team environment.
- Candidate must be a resident of the Fort Walton Beach, FL Area or willing to relocate to the Fort Walton Beach, FL Area.
- Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Languages and tools of interest include (C, C++) using Qt, Enterprise Architect, and SysML.
- Broad experience in software languages, platforms, and development environments.
- Experience with real-time hardware-in-the-loop simulation.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
Effective January 4, 2022, in order to enter Leidos/Dynetics facilities in the US and to attend Leidos/Dynetics business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. All Leidos/Dynetics employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.