Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Technical Editor to join a diverse, highly skilled team to edit, format, and maintain documentation for various customers in the area of foreign weapon systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective intelligence; engineering; scientific; and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities / focus areas include the following:
- Proficiency at formatting, editing, proofreading, and copyediting technical reports and white papers.
- Commitment to planning, preparing, and quality checking documents for dissemination, ensuring that documents meet established content standards and requirements.
- Ability and willingness to carry out succinct instructions in high-pressure situations, often under time constraints, with the ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- Commitment to providing quality assurance for all customer deliverables in a report format through a review process provided by the Dynetics staff. Candidate will not only contribute to the review process, but also manage each project with report deliverables to ensure the process is maintained and remains on schedule.
- Remain aware of standard customer formats for reports, presentations, etc., to offer subject matter expertise to our technical staff. Candidate must understand sourcing techniques, derivative classification requirements, and style guidelines for a variety of customers.
- Publication proficiency using Arbortext Editor and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, or related degree. A preferred candidate has 5+ years of experience as a technical editor.
- Strong interpersonal skills; self-motivated; value teamwork; possess the ability to gain support and establish strong working relationships with managers, peers, and staff. Must be able to provide feedback to our staff through excellent verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, follow through, and the ability to multitask. Strong critical thinking, sound judgment, and a desire to learn.
- A strong candidate for this position must possess a background in scientific, technical, and/or military intelligence. Additionally, experience with Arbortext Editor software is preferred.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and must be a resident of the Huntsville, AL, area or willing to relocate to the area.
- Although not required, the ideal candidate would possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.