Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Systems Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions. Dynetics’ Huntsville, AL Office is seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support our Department of Defense customers.
The successful candidate will work on a variety of tasks related to the development of software and firmware. Demonstrated past success is expected in the following areas:
- Derive requirements from customer documentation that guide the software development team to create the products our customers need.
- Derive requirements for defined concepts for new or modified features.
- Understand source code to perform broader system analysis.
- Develop traceability matrices against which our products are measured prior to delivery.
- Understanding of test approaches and verification methods.
- Support our Agile/Scrum process through backlog management.
- Candidate must possess a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or a closely related field from an ABET-accredited university. Candidates with qualifying experience are also encouraged to apply.
- Candidate must have at least three years of software requirements experience, software testing, or software development.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in requirements development and systems engineering best practices.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in understanding source code for performing requirement gap analysis and test traceability.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience effectively collaborating within an agile team environment.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen. Position is based in Huntsville, AL with availability for remote work.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and MBSE tool kits (i.e. Cameo Systems Modeler).
- DoD experience in requirements development, test plans and procedures, or test support.
- Understanding of configuration management of requirements and other customer deliverables.
- Experience working in various software languages is also beneficial.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.