Dynetics, a Leidos company, is seeking a talented Senior Software Product Owner to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Senior Software Product Owner will join a highly-skilled, multidisciplinary team contributing to Enduring Shield. This program leverages previous launcher development while creating a modular system architecture that allows for 360-degree engagement with multiple targets simultaneously. This role will serve as the Agile Product Owner for the software components of the Enduring Shield project. A successful candidate will continually prioritize and groom the software backlog, while also leading iteration and release planning. Additional areas of work include streamlining software development through story decomposition, and ensuring software component integrity and quality are maintained throughout iterations.
The ideal candidate has experience:
Leading iteration and release planning efforts for software within a larger multidisciplinary system
- Collaborating with Quality Assurance team members to ensure software quality and needs are met
- Refining Agile software processes to a team’s evolving needs
- Creating software user stories from traceable requirements
- Decomposing software user stories with clear enter and exit criteria for team members with varying experience levels
- Assisting with software briefings to a variety of audiences
- Interfacing with both internal stakeholders from functional groups (mechanical, electrical, etc.) and external stakeholders
Assisting in document and deliverable generation
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with 15 or more years of experience in a highly technical software role OR Have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with 12 or more years of experience in a highly technical software role
- Possess a strong competency in C/C++ software development
- Have software product owner experience in an Agile environment
- Be a resident of/willing to relocate to the North Alabama area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles with favor shown to those possessing an IAT Security Certification (e.g., Security +, CASP, CISSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA Security, CISA, etc.)
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (C#, Java, Python)
- Experience collaborating in multidisciplinary environments such as the integration of firmware, hardware, and software
- Full-stack development
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Developing and integrating software together with hardware and firmware
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.