Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Software Engineer will join a highly-skilled, multidisciplinary team contributing to a variety of products including missile defense programs like Enduring Shield, directed energy programs like High Energy Laser Scaling Initiative (HELSI), and autonomous aerial combat programs like DARPA Air Combat Evolution (ACE). This role includes implementing software architecture for large-scale software products, and designing smaller-scale solutions to meet those needs. A successful candidate will guide junior developers in best software practices and approaches, and be comfortable presenting in software briefings in a variety of settings.
The ideal candidate has experience:
- Leading software briefings with customers
- Developing in large DoD programs, especially in the missile defense arena
- Applying CMMI standards to software development
- Incorporating continuous integration processes like automated testing
- Collaborating with other functional areas like systems engineering to create a software product
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with at least 5 years of experience in a highly technical software role OR have a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with at least 2 years of experience in a highly technical software role
- Possess a strong competency in at least one language: C/C++, C#, Java
- Be comfortable leading or greatly assisting in software architecture design in an Agile Scrum environment
- Have experience mentoring team members in software best practices and approaches through peer reviews and other efforts
- Be a resident or willing to relocate to the North Alabama area
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
· Knowledge of cybersecurity principles with favor shown to those possessing an IAT Security Certification (e.g., Security +, CASP, CISSP, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA Security, CISA, etc.)
- Large DoD programs, especially in the missile defense arena
- Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Customer Engagement
- Unit/Integration testing
- Networking topics such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switching, routing, and network virtualization.
- Working in a Classified environment
- Ability to develop and operate effectively in a Linux environment. This includes familiarity with operating system concepts such as thread management, scheduling and concurrency as well as a general understanding of memory management, inter-process communication, I/O management (e.g. device drivers) and virtualization.
- Knowledge of additional programming languages (QT, Python, C#, LabView)
- Linux Builds Systems (Buildroot, Make)
- Linux System Administration
- Containerization (Docker, chroot)
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.