Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Software/Hardware Reverse Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Job responsibilities/focus areas include:
- Reverse engineering and vulnerability analysis for hardware and software components of complex embedded systems
- Support vulnerability discovery for both commercial customers as well as DOD systems as part of the acquisition process
- Develop tools (reversing aids, device/protocol emulation tools, etc.) to assist in the reverse engineering process
- Exploitation of systems and reverse engineering of binaries to understand potential vulnerabilities that will then be tested in both lab and field environments
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's degree from an ABET accredited school in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical degree.
- 5+ or more years of embedded C/C++ and/or reverse engineering experience required.
- Candidate must demonstrate programming ability in C and/or C++, Python, or other scripting language on Linux/POSIX platforms.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
- Embedded systems
- Embedded software/hardware design
- Embedded software/hardware development
- Embedded software debugging
- Network application development/debugging.
- Enterprise system development
- Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Linux command line proficiency (e.g. grep, sed, awk, etc.)
- Software/hardware reverse engineering tools (e.g. Ida Pro, Ghidra)
- Data analysis (e.g. Python/Pandas)
- Knowledge of common hardware buses (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI, JTAG)
- Compiler Theory
- Information Theory
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.