Dynetics Technical Solutions (DTS), is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with Manufacturing Execution System (MES) experience to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The position will be responsible for implementation support, training, and managing standards for implementation of new process plans. The candidate will provide technical expertise within a team to develop and implement those processes that meet engineering requirements for complex aerospace and defense hardware, both prototypes and production, within the MES. This position will be required to train others and take ownership of the manufacturing processing for programs from conception to completion
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proficient with 3D CAD/CAM software including modeling, ASSY, BOM, drawing creation
- Create detailed work instructions, mfg. sketches, and other shop floor documentation
- Understanding of model based definition and GD&T as well as customer specifications
- Provide shop-floor support as necessary to resolve technical and manufacturing issues
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances
- Assist in developing fabrication and assembly fixtures
- Assist in developing project set-up and changeover procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Material Science, or Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering (or related field) with a minimum on five (5) years of manufacturing experience.
- Proficiency with MES and ERP/MRP Systems
- Experience with Bill of Materials (EBOM / MBOM) and Process Planning
- Working with standards and implementation of standards across cross-functional teams
- Attention to detail and compliance
- Familiarity with ISO9000 and AS9100 industry standards, and common military specifications
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- 5 years’ experience in manufacturing and machining, preferably in Aerospace or Defense environment
- At least 3 years’ experience within MES and ERP/MRP systems
- CostPoint MRP experience
- Solumina MES experience
- PLM experience such as Agile, PTC Windchill, Solidworks EPDM, Teamcenter, etc.
- SolidWorks, CREO, or CATIA experience
- Ability to create, read, and interpret drawing with GD&T
- Lean Manufacturing Principles and Application
- Military and Aerospace assembly techniques
Candidate must be a US Citizen.
Candidate must possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.