Dynetics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Receiving Inspection Quality Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Successful candidate will be leading the Receiving Inspection team responsible for receipt and initial quality inspection of purchased parts, materials, and documentation for conformance to purchase order requirements and specifications. Other duties may include calibration of standard inspection equipment, and setting up and measuring parts using standard measuring equipment. Applicant must be able to work in a fast-paced R&D environment with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must possess a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 5+ years of receiving and inspection experience.
- Applicant must be able to work a full-time, 5-days per week 8-hours per shift.
- Experience with Deltek Costpoint software is required.
- Manage the team of Receiving Inspectors across Dynetics and subsidiary receiving docks.
- Serves as the primary Receiving Inspection authority for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Plans receiving inspection staffing and facility resource needs based on project/facility requirements. Works with Quality Management on fulfilling these needs, including interviews and quotes.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring Receiving Inspection system effectiveness.
- Leads root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements related to Receiving Inspection.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits related to Receiving Inspection.
- Interfaces with supplier and Dynetics Supplier Quality representatives concerning problems with Receiving Inspection and ensure that effective corrective actions are implemented.
- Manages the Dynetics Pending Inspection and Hold List for Dynetics & DTS Purchase Orders. Creates reports for Fulfillment organizations, Accounting, Supply Chain, and Quality Management on hold status.
- Provides oversight on the Receiving Inspection portion of the Hot List.
- Manages NCRs and MRB associated with Receiving Inspection holds. Creates reports for Fulfillment organizations, Accounting, Supply Chain, and Quality Management on NCR/MRB status.
- Weekly & Monthly (MOR) Reports to Quality Management on Receiving Inspection issues, trends and losses.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the Huntsville, AL area or be willing to relocate.
- Candidates with experience in inspection of complex aerospace hardware are desired. Prior experience with AS9100/ISO9001 quality systems is a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.