Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Manufacturing Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, aerospace, cyber, space and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
This position will support all manufacturing locations to develop, document, and execute manufacturing processes and procedures to support machining, welding, painting, and assembly integration and test. The candidate will provide technical expertise within a team to develop and implement those processes that meet engineering requirements for complex aerospace and defense hardware, both prototypes and production. This position will be required to collaborate with the site manufacturing engineering teams to implement robust manufacturing processes for programs from conception to completion.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Support facility layout planning with creation of detailed work areas to support development of efficient production processes and workflows with optimized material flow.
- Assist in evaluation of capacity planning for fabrication, machining, weld, paint, and assembly equipment and processes to ensure ability to meet takt time and customer requirements.
- Assist in development of processes, layouts, tools, capability analysis, capacity evaluation, and staffing requirements to support manufacturing operations for current and planned programs.
- Identify, prioritize, and implement solutions for process improvement opportunities including application of lean manufacturing principles, process mapping, root cause analysis, time studies, and problem-solving techniques.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement through sharing of best practices within all manufacturing sites.
- Create detailed work instructions and other shop floor documentation.
- Reviews preliminary product designs. Assist in making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturability and quality on new or existing parts and products.
- Support Make/Buy Decisions through partnership with the Estimating Team, by providing production times and related costing when quoting new work.
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing methods with providing solutions that positively impact operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Assist the site manufacturing teams with the development, justification, and execution of long-range plans to meet corporate objections. This will include production launch activities, plant layouts, and engineering change control activities.
The candidate selected for this position will support the execution of multiple simultaneous and diverse manufacturing activities. This will be a dynamic environment and a high growth area.
- BS in Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering (or a related field) from an accredited university or enrolled and about to graduate after spring semester 2022. (5 or more years of applicable experience will also satisfy the BS degree requirement).
- Ability to effectively collaborate with multiple teams to drive manufacturing excellence across plants.
- Ability to provide Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates, Basis of Estimate (BOE) documents, and other documents to support proposal efforts will be a plus.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and mechanical skills.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preferred candidate will have prior experience in facility planning.
- Preferred candidate will have experience developing processes, tools, and work areas to support welding, machining, assembly, and paint processes.
- Demonstrated expertise in Lean principles, manufacturing metrics, and continuous improvement.
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint accounting software is a plus.
- Familiarity with Solumina MES software is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile PLM engineering design data management software is a plus.
- Familiarity with AS9100, IPC, and common military specifications.
- Military and Aerospace Assembly Techniques.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.