In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Data Scientist to join a diverse team responsible for creating unique solutions for complex flight vehicle engineering challenges. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics is seeking out a Data Scientist with 3+ years of experience working with Aerospace Applications. A successful candidate must have an understanding of statistical learning, machine learning, and reinforcement learning. Candidate must have experience using Python. The ideal candidate will have a background in mathematical modeling of statistical patterns, high dimensional data visualization, nonparametric statistics, and an interest in automation algorithm development.
As a data scientist with industry experience, the applicant is expected to be comfortable with briefing technical work and results to internal and external audiences. The data scientist will support multiple simultaneous projects and will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively. The candidate will work closely with the project and program managers to ensure that timelines and goals are met.
· Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Data Analytics with a minimum GPA of 3.0
· Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the Aerospace industry
· Candidate must have a solid background utilizing Python for autonomous algorithm development and implementation.
· This position requires a in-depth understanding of data science/data analytics concepts
· Candidate must possess solid technical communication skills to include technical briefing skills and an ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
· Candidate must have interest in machine learning and automated predictive analysis.
· Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate in order to work on-site at the Huntsville, AL office.
A Master’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or Data Analytics is preferred, but not required. Experience with PyTorch, TensorFlow, or SAS/JMP is a plus.
Previous experience in the Air Defense domain is preferred. Prior experience with big data analytics is also a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.