Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented FPGA Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
Dynetics’ Threat Intelligence and Exploitation Department is seeking an engineer with 3 or more years of experience and requisite skills to support development of FPGA applications for the United States Department of Defense Test and Evaluation community. The position requires good people skills and strong technical interests/capabilities to work with a highly technical team of engineers and scientists solving challenging technical questions about complex systems.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in FPGA development.
- Understanding of basic RF components such as antennas, transmitters, and signal processors is required as well as experience using and integrating COTS solutions for signal analysis and generation.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, C++, and/or at least one hardware description language.
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment and work closely with multidisciplinary teams.
Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are:
- Experienced with system development including design, software and firmware development, testing and integration into relevant systems.
- Experienced with SoC platforms.
- Experienced in designing and implementing DSP algorithms.
- Additional skills to assist design teams with embedded processor/microcontroller or SoC designs, technical trade studies, and evaluation of technology improvements are a plus.
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.