Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Engineering Lead to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Product Engineering Department is a design-focused group of engineers specializing in advanced hardware products. The selected candidate will be an engineering lead on the Common Hypersonic Glide Body program (C-HGB). The C-HGB is a weapon system that uses a booster rocket motor to accelerate to well-above hypersonic speeds and then jettisons the expended rocket booster. The C-HGB is the next major strategic weapons capability for long-range precision fires and will counter and gain a lead on our adversaries' technological advances in this field.
The candidate will be a key technical leader in a fast-paced environment that includes all phases of the product development lifecycle and will provide technical expertise to development programs focused on hypersonic vehicles. The candidate will guide and direct a team of electrical engineers in the development of the common hypersonic glide body including electrical flight system design, integration and test. The candidate will oversee avionics box and component installation and check-out, troubleshooting, and system-level acceptance testing. The role will also be a liaison to component vendors and ensure components meet technical specifications and acceptance test procedures. This position will help ensure the engineering team (of which they are a member) and the program manager (with whom they work closely) are on the same page and able to overcome technical and programmatic challenges that may arise. The individual must be a self-starter with experience working with inter-disciplinary teams to solve challenging technical problems. The ideal candidate would have missile/weapon system avionics/electrical experience and an understanding of DoD weapon system programs.
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform all aspects of avionics development from developing/deriving requirements to employing appropriate techniques for design, fabrication, integration, and test
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team engaged in the development of avionics
- Collaborate with suppliers and sub contractors in the development of avionics
- Develop or oversee system interface definitions and resulting documentation (i.e. Interface Control Drawings, etc.)
- Oversee the specification, design, and manufacture/procurement of interconnect cabling
- Perform design trade studies and analysis to determine the best approach to meet challenging performance, cost, and schedule constraints
- Support test program including development of system and test requirements/procedures, test equipment, test execution, and review of test results
- Brief technical aspects of system design, integration, or test plans and activities to customers and other external stakeholders at formal program reviews
- Prepare material for failure review boards
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to fellow team members
- Provide technical input to program leadership during the planning and execution of engineering projects
- Propose and implement ideas to improve organizational quality, agility, or capability
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution
- Candidate must have 8+ years experience in electronics design including digital/analog/mixed signal electronics, components, and interface/communication standards
- Candidate must have proven experience developing and integrating flight avionics, including telemetry and instrumentation
- Candidate must have proven experience in electrical schematic design and cable diagrams using ECAD toolchains such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, Altium, OrCAD, or similar
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods
- Candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Candidates must have strong verbal and written technical communication skills
- Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a multidisciplinary team environment and have experience mentoring & guiding team members
- Candidates must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Preference shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Leading technical teams
- Hardware-in-the-Loop development and execution
- LabVIEW development
- Mentor Graphics electrical engineering development tools
- Systems engineering principles and methodologies
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.