In order to apply for this or any other job you will need to log in.
Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Electronics Category Manager to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The position of Electronics Category Manager will be located at Dynetics main campus in Huntsville, AL and will manage the contracts and supplier relationships for major groups of spend. This position is expected to become the expert in the particular field, understanding the market dynamics, sources of supply, influences on major suppliers, and the needs of internal Dynetics/Leidos corporate stakeholders. This position will coordinate and manage strategic sourcing plans that create maximum benefits for the business, lead cross-functional resources in key strategic sourcing, and develop operation excellence initiatives with project accountability for the strategic sourcing function. This role will be responsible for commodity strategy related with electronic products and or services including: sourcing strategy, spend segmentation, supply market analysis, supplier capability assessment, supplier recruitment and management, RFI/P/Q development, developing a business case for improved supply and or service, risk assessment and management, while managing assigned commodities or services across multiple sites. Other essential functions include:
• Ability to lead and drive execution of supply chain strategies in a collaborative and multi-site matrix environment to achieve both tactical and strategic goals
• Applies knowledge of commodities and commodity market trends and serves as an expert in influencing, leading and driving project implementation of supply chain strategies and development of short and long term goals for management consideration in support of customer requirements
• Negotiate strategic agreements and drive cost, quality, delivery and service improvements across multiple departments/business segments continuously for assigned commodities and/or services
• Uses analytical and qualitative methods to analyze market commodities and product data
• Demonstrate full knowledge and serve as a technical leader for assigned commodities and supply chain services
• Organize and support cross-functional teams to develop commodity and service strategies
• Work with New Product Introduction (NPI) teams to ensure sourcing decisions achieve overall commodity objectives and all parts for prototype builds are available in advance
• Ability to identify and help drive technical root cause and corrective action for assigned product or service responsibilities
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.