Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Stress Analyst to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The Stress Analyst will join a select team of engineers and technicians who are responsible for the design, manufacture, test and deployment of advanced defense systems. These systems will include, but won’t be limited to, high energy laser and directed microwave energy air defense systems, missile launcher platforms, small munitions, avionics and mobile power systems.
The Stress Analyst will use analytical methods, finite element models/simulations, and other analysis tools to produce models, perform analysis, calculations, data reduction, and correlate test results for structures and/or structural dynamics.
The Stress Analyst will be responsible for closely collaborating with the design and manufacturing teams to produce designs that meet stringent performance, manufacturability and schedule requirements.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of stress analysis experience in industry.
- Candidate must have demonstrated experience with any of the commercial finite element analysis tools (e.g. FEMAP/NX NASTRAN, PATRAN/MSC NASTRAN, ANSYS, Abaqus, etc.).
- Candidate must be able to write technical reports and present data to a multi-disciplined team.
- The position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville, AL area.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge with:
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university with a 3.5 or higher GPA.
- Advanced structural analysis techniques (Linear contact FEA, Non-linear FEA, Application of non-linear material properties to hand analysis, Integrated multi-physics analysis).
- Bolted joint and weld analysis
- Dynamics analysis (modal, response spectrum, vibration)
- Fatigue analysis
- Composite materials
- Thermal analysis
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.