Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented Propulsion Component Development Engineer to join a diverse, highly skilled team to create unique solutions for complex problems involving space systems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost effective intelligence, engineering, and scientific solutions.
The Propulsion Component Development Engineer will support the Dynetics Space Systems Division with development of HLS with primary responsibility to design, analyze, procure, test, and integrate one or more components of the lunar lander propulsion system. The selected individual will serve as lead technical engineer for a fast-paced task focused on design and development of critical propulsion related hardware. The individual will work with the interdisciplinary engine team to integrate their component into the engine system and conduct testing to ensure the hardware meets overall performance requirements. Candidate must be familiar with cryogenic liquid rocket engine systems. The individual will interface with project managers, mechanical designers, component engineers, test engineers, safety, and quality within Dynetics.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Candidate must have at least three (3) years of propulsion component design and test experience with NASA, DoD, or commercial launch or space vehicle development programs.
- Candidate must have experience designing and constructing hardware for liquid rocket engine applications within budget and schedule constraints.
- Candidate must have an understanding of fluid mechanics and thermal, flow rate, and mass requirements.
- Candidate must demonstrate understanding of various component designs for liquid rocket engine applications.
- Candidate must be able to write clear, concise, and comprehensive technical reports and present results to multi-disciplinary teams and customer stakeholders.
- Candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment including development testing, conducting trade studies, and developing analysis and evaluation tools.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- Preference will be shown to candidates who possess a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university.
- Preference will be shown to candidates who have experience and/or knowledge of the following:
- Cryogenic rocket engine injector designs, issues, and solutions
- Cryogenic valve designs, issues, and solutions
- Reaction control system designs, issues, and solutions
- Development testing experience in a fast-paced environment
- NASA, DoD, or other aerospace development projects
- Project planning and scheduling using Microsoft Project
- Performing as an individual contributor within a short time period
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.