Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, is seeking a talented FPGA Design and RF Electronics Engineer to join a diverse team to create unique solutions for complex problems. With offices across the United States engaging in the defense, space, cyber and commercial fields, Dynetics provides responsive, cost-effective engineering, scientific and IT solutions.
The RF and EW Threat Systems Development Department is a group of engineers who specialize in foreign threat radar systems, RF software-in-the-loop (SIL) and hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) simulators, and open air radar development. The candidate selected for this position will support projects for the Defense Intelligence Community, Air Force, and large prime contractors.
Project assignments could be focused in one or multiple of the following areas:
- Design, simulation, and testing of firmware using VHDL primarily to drive custom developed PCB designs
- Testing and integration of RF electronics such as high speed DACs used for waveform generation and ADCs used for signal processing
- VHDL firmware development targeted to high speed communication links such as JESD204B
- Utilizing cutting edge Xilinx FPGA and SoC families and design tools such as the RFSoC
- Testing and debugging hardware using lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes
- Working on multidisciplinary teams to debug problems when integrating firmware and PCB designs with software threat models
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited institution
- Candidate must have hands-on laboratory experience with instrumentation, test equipment, and debug/test methods
- Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL or Verilog)
- Position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multidisciplinary team
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of radar fundamentals or any of the following tools: Xilinx design tools, Microsoft Visual Studio, MATLAB.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.