Dynetics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Leidos, provides responsive cost-effective engineering, scientific, and IT solutions in the defense, space, cyber, and commercial fields. Currently, Dynetics is seeking a talented Space Systems Payload Integrator- Software Developer to support design and development activities for Department of Defense satellite development programs. Primary responsibilities will include supporting development and adherence to a program-specific software development plan, developing and testing software and hardware for satellite payload systems, supporting on-orbit operations with software updates, performance analysis, hardware interface testing, and other hardware/software integration activities pre and post launch. This position is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated individual that loves to ticker with hardware/software projects and wants to take it their experience to the next level of space hardware integration.
- Candidate should have 0 - 15 years of relevant technical experience.
- Candidate must either possess or be pursuant of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent degree from an ABET-accredited university
- Candidate should demonstrate mastery in the fundamentals of data structures, algorithms, operating systems, object-oriented programming, and must possess an aptitude for good object-oriented software design techniques.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong competency in software development in the C#, C++, Java, Python, Objective-C, Perl, or Ruby programming language.
- Candidate is expected to participate in and contribute to software design, code reviews, and physical hardware integration activities.
- Candidate should have experience integrating hardware/software in a SBC, similar to Raspberry Pi, Odroid, or UDOO Bolt.
- The position requires candidates to be capable of performing in a collaborative engineering environment working closely with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Candidate must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decisions and a commitment to integrity at the individual level that conform to Dynetics’ Code of Ethics.
Candidate must be a resident of the North Alabama area or willing to relocate to the Huntsville - North Alabama, AL area.
- 2+ years experience with space systems (ground or flight) hardware/software and mission-critical code development a plus
- Have a passion for KSP
Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Final Top Secret Clearance.
In order to enter Dynetics facilities in the U.S. and to attend Dynetics events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated or have an approved exemption on file for COVID-19. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.